Software as a Service (SaaS)
We can help you fulfill your vision
Software as a Service (SaaS) is a software delivery model, usually by subscription (or a software licence) through to a web site which provides access to the online service. This SaaS model has been used for all types of business applications including accounting, customer relationship management, invoicing, email marketing, human resources management and much more.
We have helped companies switch from in-house solutions to SaaS solutions, including migrating their data from mainframes or networks servers to a cloud-based SaaS server.
On the other hand, if your company is currently running a traditional application that could be converted into a SaaS delivery model for customers or partners, SoloCompute can help you to understand the implications and opportunities when delivering the software this way, and assist with that migration.
Building and operating SaaS applications involve a more complex set of issues that must be addressed compared to business applications a company develops for itself including:
- Multi-Tenant: Requirements to support multiple types of users such as administrators, users with full access, users with limited access increases software complexity. Development of administration panels, enhanced security features, permission management and other complex features are required.
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs): SLAs must be put in place with users of the software to define the commitment by the vendor to its software users.
- Hosting: Robust hosting solutions must be implemented to ensure maximum up-time to meet SLA commitments.
- Support: As the number of the users on the system increase, volume of support requests increases creating the need to build scalable support mechanisms and ticketing systems.
- Engineering: Developing software that can easily scale to add new features, support increasing numbers of user and easily support the software is critical to long term success. Mistakes made early in the life of the software creates major headaches down the road.